Friday, September 20, 2013


Christmas list

So I usually have a hard time coming up with my Christmas list.

When its close to Christmas at least...

The whole rest of the year I know exactly what I want,

and what I cant afford.

This year I thought, I better get a start on that list before they even get Christmas decorations on the shelves.

So, you know, before Halloween..

Like most people I have a realistic list of things I would like, and my unrealistic list that I will probably forever want, and maybe a few things in the middle.

Lets start with my realistic list ( in no particular order) :

1. I want Rosetta Stone the French version. All 5 levels. I have always loved the french language and culture, and was lucky enough to take a few French classes in High School. With work and school now becoming a big part of my life and having to balance them out efficiently, it has been hard for me to take a french course at my college considering it is an everyday commitment. It doesn't stop me from trying each semester to get into it though! I've just heard such great things about Rosetta Stone I thought it would be a good way to keep me up to date in between semesters when I  am not able to take the course.
I looked it up on Amazon and eBay and it averages out to be about 150-250 dollars depending on New or Used, on whether I am able to find a collection of all 5 levels and so on.

2. Now this one is even more on the spendy side, at least I haven't been able to find a very cheap version..
I want Photoshop for my Mac. Photography has been a big passion of mine for a very long time. Last year my boyfriend bought me a Nikon D3200 for Christmas last year, and I have used it like crazy ever since. I also love to edit photos, I would always edit my selfies ever since they became important haha. Right now I'm stuck with a service called PicMonkey and although it works well for me I would love to expand my horizons in the editing world.
Looking it up on both Amazon and eBay this item comes to a whopping 300-600 dollars depending on the model and such.. I might put this one on my maybe list...

3. Now it's time to bring out my inner nerd... I want two Pokemon games for DS, one is a little bit older called Pokemon Soul Silver, and the other is brand new called Pokemon X. Pokemon games bring out my inner nerd. I will leave it at that...
That will cost about 110-120 for both.
Can't you imagine me??
New Side note to this one. Aparently I need a Nintendo 3DS to even be able to pplay Pokemon X so that is now added to my list. They're about 100-150 dollars

4.  I want a blue vintage moped. This has been a new desire to that has arisen inside of me just this last summer. I've noticed a lot more roaming around my town and it has caused an ich inside me to get one. If the gas mileage isn't convincing enough (100 miles on a 1 gallon tank) the look of them are amazing in my opinion. I can totally just imagine myself cruising around on one.

5. This next one is definitely on the maybe list.. I would LOVE to get a promise right from my boyfriend. Just to clarify the difference between an engagement ring and a promise ring is that a promise ring is simply that a promise to love that person and a way to let them know you care about them dearly; while an engagement ring is a proposal to that person that you want nothing more than to spend the rest of your lives with each other, and Him and I have been dating for 2 and a half years. I plan to marry him. See, you might be thinking to yourself "well why wouldn't you go for the big money, the engagement ring??" and to that I answer because I am only 18. Too many people believe that they need to get married as soon as possible just because they have been dating for so long or for whatever reasons they believe. My boyfriend and I both agree that if we plan to be together forever why push forth a marriage that neither of us nor our parents can afford?? I would love to go more in depth on this topic but I will wait for another time to dive  into that one.
I don't want anything too fancy, but every girl knows she loves her some jewelry. So a simple heart ring, no diamonds necessary. Just a promise to from him to me, and some new bling to show off. so the price is open.

Now lets get to the unrealistic list ( In no particular order) :

How can you resist!!!
1. I want a puppy!! As you may have seen in one of my previous posts I mentioned how I want a Mini Aussie (A miniature Australian Shepard) I have always wanted one and think they are beyond adorable. Luckily until I have a yard suited for a puppy, especially one that requires a large one to run in, I have a new kitten named Simon. You can see a picture of him and on a little farther down in my posts.

2. I want to travel to France!! As you saw above I am infatuated with the French Language and the French culture. Obviously considering I want to master the language. As everyone well knows travel is not cheap, and to travel to a place like France and be able to take in all its glory and beauty, you need at least 2 weeks to fully enjoy yourself. Besides who wants to take a 12 hour flight then turn right back around and take that flight again?? Long story short, I plan to do this at some point soon in my life but for now it can go on my unrealistic Christmas list.

3. Lets just say someone had a few G's to throw down so I could go on a shopping spree. Now come on how unrealistic is this really? I mean a couple thousand could go a long way if I really wanted it to. All I need is some caring, loving person who is willing to spend that sort of money on me. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.

4. Now this one may come across as a little depressing but I assure you it is for a good cause. I want to give all my friends an family a gift they would both love and be able to cherish for a lot time. Sadly I don't have that sort of money, I don't know very many people who do. I have this strange nitch where I super enjoy buying people gifts. Whenever I'm on vacation I spend more money on other people and gifts for them than I do myself. It's just something that really warms my little heart up.


Well I'm sort of stoked my realistic list is longer than my unrealistic.

This list will continue to grow right up until December where it will completely disappear from my mind forever; as it does every year for some damn reason. So as a token to my future self, you're welcome future self, I have made this list. I'm sure I will post an updated version as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment